The National Cyber Security Programme (also referred to as the National Cyber Security Plan) (NCSP) is a series of measures announced by the UK government as part of the Strategic Defence and Security Review. (See also: Cyber Security Strategy)
2016 National Cyber Security Programme
- Chancellor sets out vision to protect Britain against cyber threat in GCHQ speech, GOV.UK 2015-11-17
- Chancellor's speech to GCHQ on cyber security, GOV.UK 2015-11-17
- £1.9 billion in spending 2016-2020
- National Cyber Security Centre which will be home to the UK's "cyber force"
- £40m for an MoD Cyber Security Operations Centre
- An "Institute for Coding: Centre for Digital Skills and Computer Science"
- The "Cyber Streetwise"/"Cyber Aware" (cyberaware.gov.uk) campaign for 2015/16 has cost £4 million (ex-VAT) and £3.3 million in 2017/18 .
- £265m investment in Cyber Vulnerability Investigations (CVI) programme for MoD.
- £10m to establish a 'Cyber Innovation Fund'
- £14m ("up to") investment in a London cyber security innovation centre.
- £50m ("up to") Protecting Government
- International Cyber Security Capacity Building Programme 
2010 National Cyber Security Programme
Announced in the 2010 Strategic Defence and Security Review run by the Office of Cyber Security and Information Assurance to which the government initially allocated £650m over four years, and then a further £210 million, bringing the total to £860 million and extending the programme to 2015/16. About half of this is allocated to GCHQ, 10% is allocated to Home Office projects.
- £860 million (2010-2016)
- £90 million set aside for the Defence Cyber Security Programme.
- Funding for the Centre for Cyber Assessment
- Over £70 million in funding from this is being used to provide "cyber training" for police forces and support crime prevention work (including the National Cyber Crime Unit).
- Funding from this programme was used to establish the Cyber Security Information Sharing Partnership in March 2013.
- £2 million per year for global cyber security efforts including the Global Cyber Security Capacity Centre in Oxford.
- £4 million has been allocated to a "cyber security awareness campaign" beginning in January 2014. with companies contributing a further £2.3 million in financial and in-kind assistance. "Be Cyber Streetwise" launched 2014-01-13.
- Funding for a free online course in cybersecurity beginning Summer 2014.
- Funding for the government's Identity Assurance scheme.
- A £500,000 fund announced in September 2015 "to help universities and colleges develop innovative teaching and learning to provide ... cyber security skills"
|Period||Spending||Total since 2011|
- Cyber Security - A new national programme, Commons Library Standard Note, 2011-06-23
- Expanding the Cyber First programme: speech by Matt Hancock, GOV.UK 2016-03-03
- http://www.theyworkforyou.com/wrans/?id=2015-12-16.20367.h Hansard], 2015-12-16 "The cost to of the Government of the Cyber Streetwise campaign for a) 2014/15 was £3.956 million (excluding VAT) and b) 2015/16 was £4 million (excluding VAT)"
- Hansard, 2017-02-08
- Defence Secretary announces major cyber investment, GOV.UK, 2016-10-20
- Hansard, 2017-09-19
- Major new cyber security innovation centre for London, GOV.UK, 2017-07-24
- FCO Cyber Security Capacity Building Programme 2018 to 2021, GOV.UK
- The strategic defence and security review, 2010-10-19
- "Announced" in the Spending Round 2013, GOV.UK, 2013-06-26 - see Hansard 2013-12-19
- National Security Summit, GOV.UK, 2013-07-04
- Hansard, 2014-01-06
- How is MI5 tackling the cyber threat?, MI5
- Hansard, 2013-08-29
- Hansard, 2013-12-09 - £63m
- Hansard, 2014-07-21 - £70m
- Oxford will host Cyber Security Capacity Building Centre, GOV.UK, 2013-04-09
- 2014–15 Cyber Security Capacity Building bids invited, GOV.UK, 2014-01-28
- Awaiting FoI request: Cost of CyberStreetWise Initiative, WhatDoTheyKnow?, 2013-01-19
- Simple steps can protect public from cyber fraud, James Brokenshire MP - GOV.UK, 2013-06-20
- UK Cyber Security Strategy: statement on progress 2 years on, GOV.UK, 2013-12-12
- Small firms told to be 'cyber streetwise' to avoid online attack, BBC News, 2014-01-13
- New campaign urges people to be 'Cyber Streetwise', GOV.UK, 2014-01-13
- Hansard, 2014-07-21
- UK businesses urged to protect themselves from growing cyber threat, GOV.UK, 2015-09-22