EE (Everything Everywhere Limited) operates the following UK service providers:
- Orange broadband aka Orange Home
- Orange mobile
- T-Mobile mobile
- Virgin Mobile (as a virtual network for Virgin Media)
- 4GEE (4G services)
EE was acquired by BT in 2016.
On mobile networks EE Content Block is the network filter used for adult content.
Sale of personal information
In May 2013 an article was published in the Sunday Times claiming that research company Ipsos MORI had obtained the personal subscriber and communications data of EE customers and was attempting to sell it to other organisations, including the Metropolitan Police.
(ORG has called for companies disclosing data in this way to 1) inform the data subjects 2) disclose the anonymisation techniques used for peer review 3) Offer "responsible disclosure” mechanisms for reporting problems.)
See also Weve.
- Cartier vs BSkyB 2014
- Secrets of 27m mobile phones offered to police, Sunday Times, 2013-05-12
- EE press release, 2013-05-13
- Ipsos MORI press release, 2013-05-12
- EE and sale of user data: does Anonymisation work?