The Broadband Stakeholder Group (BSG) is a group that advises the UK government on issues related to broadband internet.
Traffic Management Transparency Code of Practice
Published 15 March 2011 commits ISPs to providing information to customers about what traffic management they perform on their networks (e.g. do they throttle P2P content at peak times).
Key Facts Indicators
Open Internet Code of Practice
Published 25 July 2012, the code commits its signatories to offering "full and open internet access", or at lease commits them to not using terms such as "full internet access" to describe network access that is discriminatory in terms of traffic management.
It also establishes a voluntary process for making complaints about possible negative discrimination.
- Be Broadband, BT Group, Sky, Eclipse (KCOM), giffgaff, O2, Plusnet (BT), TalkTalk, Tesco Mobile, Three, Virgin Media, Everything Everywhere, Vodafone
- Open Internet Code of Practice (web archive)
- BSG Publish Revised UK ISP Open Internet Code of Practice, ISP Review, 2016-06-08
- ISPs split over UK open internet code of practice, BBC News, 2012-07-25
- Ten UK ISPs commit to new 'open internet' code, Out Law, 2012-07-25
- Hansard, 2013-06-03. "the Government continue to urge all operators to become signatories to the code."
- Remaining ISPs commit to the UK’s Open Internet Code, BSG, 2015-01-19