- See EE Content Lock for EE/T-Mobile/Orange filtering
It appears that Safeguard may now be a rebadged version of EE Content Lock.
Categories previously blocked by Safeguard were as of October 2012:
- Anonymizers: These sites allow you to browse the Internet and access content anonymously.
- Anorexia - Bulimia: Promoting and instigating eating disorders.
- Gambling: Access to online gambling such as casinos and any other online services that let you place bets.
- Chat: Where you chat in real time to people you don’t know.
- Bombs: Explaining how to prepare, make, build and use explosives and explosive devices.
- Dating: Websites for match-making where the user can meet other people - make friends, find a partner, etc.
- Forums: Where you’re invited to take part in discussions on predetermined topics with people you don’t know.
- Pornography: Websites with a pornographic or sexual content.
- Racism: Sites promoting racist behaviour based on culture, race, religion, ideology, etc.
- Sects: Websites on universally acknowledged sects. Within this category URLs are included on organizations that promote directly or indirectly:
- (i) group, animal or individual injuries,
- (ii) esoteric practices,
- (iii) content that sets a bad example for young children: that teaches or encourages children to perform harmful acts or imitate dangerous behaviour,
- (iv) content that creates feelings of fear, intimidation, horror, or psychological terror,
- (v) Incitement or depiction of harm against any individual or group based on gender, sexual orientation, ethnic, religious or national identity.
- Violence: Containing openly violent content and/or that promote violence or defend it.
- Hackers: Containing info on hacking, pirated and illegal software as well as software used for hacking.
- Malware: Websites containing malicious code or programs such as viruses Trojans etc.
- Spyware: An application that collects confidential and general information from a PC to then transmit to a third party. All this takes place without knowledge and/or consent of the user.
- Crazy: Orange censors all blogs, not just GigaOM, GigaOM, 2012-06-11
- what is 18-rated content?, Orange.co.uk - via archive.org 2012-10-06