The Independent Reviewer of Terrorism Legislation's role is to report to parliament on the operation of anti-terror legislation such as the Terrorism Act 2000.
The post was believed likely to be removed following the establishment of the Independent Privacy and Civil Liberties Board, but the board was never established.
- 2001 - 2011: Lord Carlile of Berriew CBE QC
- 2011- March 2017: David Anderson QC
- March 2017 - May 2019: Max Hill QC
- May 2019 - present: Jonathan Hall QC
- wikipedia: Independent Reviewer of Terrorism Legislation
- twitter: terrorwatchdog
- Independent Reviewer of Terrorism Legislation appointed, GOV.UK, 2019-05-20