The 77th Brigade / 77 Brigade is a British military unit announced in January 2015 "that will use psychological operations and social media". 42% of the unit will be reservists As of December 2016 the unit consisted of 182 Regular and 266 Reserve personnel. As of May 2018 it was comprised of approximately 200 Regular and 270 Reserve Service Personnel. It is based in Berkshire.
In 2020 it was said to be working with the Cabinet Office to counter misinformation related to Coronavirus.
- wikipedia: 77th Brigade (United Kingdom)
- Former twitter: 77th_Brigade (archive.org)
- army.mod.uk (archive.org)
- Former facebook: 77thBrigade
- The Security Assistance Group, now the 77th Brigade Part 1
- Inside the British Army's secret information warfare machine, Wired UK, November 2018
- Army sets up new brigade 'for information age', BBC News, 2015-01-31
- British army creates team of Facebook warriors, Guardian, 2015-01-31
- Army FOI2016/10962, GOV.UK, 2016-12-22
- Hansard, 2018-05-10
- Russian TV spies are caught at top secret UK army base: How Fake News team tried to infiltrate British psychological warfare unit, Mail, 2018-12-01
- The British Army’s Information Warfare Unit Is Helping Combat Coronavirus Misinformation, Buzzfeed, 2020-04-22