RUSI (Royal United Services Institute) is a British defence and security think tank.
2014 Surveillance Review
In March 2014 the Deputy Prime Minister announced an independent report on the activities of the security services following the Snowden leaks that began in 2013. It will accept written evidence up to 27 March 2015.
The report, "A Democratic Licence to Operate", was published on 14 July 2015.
In June 2014 the panel for the 2014 surveillance review was announced 
- Professor Heather Brooke
- Mrs Lesley Cowley, OBE *
- Sir Jonathan Evans, KCB
- Baroness Lane Fox of Soho, CBE
- Professor John Grieve, CBE QPM
- Professor Dame Wendy Hall, DBE FRS FREng
- Lord Hennessy of Nympsfield
- Professor Sir David Omand, GCB
- Baroness O’Neill of Bengrave
- The Rt. Hon. the Lord Rooker
- Sir John Scarlett KCMG OBE
- Professor Ian Walden
- Chairman: Professor Michael Clarke
- wikipedia: Royal United Services Institute
- twitter: RUSI_org
- twitter: ISR_RUSI (for surveillance review)
- Nick Clegg orders review into data gathering by spy agencies, Guardian, 2014-03-03
- Independent Surveillance Review Issues Call for Evidence, RUSI, 2014-07-25
- Independent Surveillance Review Panel Announced, RUSI, 2014-06-12