Golden Rules for Election Observers
- Accuracy of information - Ensure the information you record is detailed and accurate.
- Political impartiality - Never say, wear or do anything which can be construed as favouring any political party, candidate or issue.
- Respect election law and election integrity - Never obstruct the election process or violate the secrecy of the ballot.
- Respect the observation mission's terms of reference.
Mission Terms of Reference
- To evaluate the integrity of technologies and processes used in the electronic count.
- To examine whether the electronic count might increase the risk of electoral fraud or error.
- To observe whether the electronic count risks the secrecy of the ballot.
- To collect the views of voters, candidates and officials on the e-counting scheme.