- Suw Charman
- Michael Holloway
- Glyn Wintle
- Adam McGreggor
- David Mytton (Olate on IRC)
- Jonathan Baker-Bates
- Tim Cowlishaw
- Howard Burdett
Term extension website design
Jonathan Baker Bates has led on realising our plans, particularly with regard to committing a team of creatives to work pro bono on the full-scale site. He also found a designer for the interim site, who produced a rough draft (URL below) based on the wireframe. Unfortunately Jonathan will be out of touch for the next 2 weeks so others must drive from here. http://dev.mijlee.com/ORG/
- Rough draft comments:
- Colours need improvement. Not the ORG colours, necessarily. Given designers enjoy ‘branding’, free reign to come with new logo (tho also state something like ‘ORG project’)
- ORG logo missing (maybe put at bottom in small, subtle form)
- Reduce prominence of News panel
- Get rid of the ‘for lawyers’ bit
- JBB to enquire when designer can do revisions. Pro bono if possible, but paid if necessary.
- Chris Waigl agrees to turn design into CSS for WordPress, which will take a weekend plus tweaking time.
Term extension website content / tone
Artists and the public will lose out because powerful industry lobbies want to extend the term of copyright on sound recording.
JBB’s high-street survey suggested that hurting artist’s pockets is not going to bring people in. Suw agrees, the tone should instead be
- ‘You won’t be able to listen to obscure music’
- ‘You won’t be able to do mashups’
- ‘The law is hurting your musical / cultural interests’
- Use technical and legal terms sparsely
- David Goodman to work on content over the weekend. MH to also rope in Tim Cowlishaw and Howard Burdett, with direction from Suw
- Glyn Wintle to research hard-hitting statistics to ground our arguments.
Term extension url
- www.releasethemusic.org (hosted on a subdirectory of www.openrightsgroup.org)
Term extension Petition
- Lemon has almost sorted this, although there will be some work to integrate with wordpress
- Should integrate a function that displays names of last 5 folks to sign up, will encourage others to commit.
Geek In The Park
- Event in Leamington Spa.
- Ask ‘discuss’ for volunteers available to attend and promote on our behalf
- Also a London event worth investigating.
Who needs access to what parts of Clueless?
- Work held up because not all have access currently
- Wiki page for those requiring access to sign up to.
- James Cronin to ‘dump’ database on Suw and Michael.
- Tech work needed; Suw to ask Sam Smith