John Healey MP (Labour). Financial Secretary, HM Treasury. Prior to entering Parliament was:
- Director of Communications at the TUC (1994 - 1997)
- Head of Campaigns and Communications at MSF (1992 - 1994)
- Tutor, Open University Business School (1991 - 1993)
- Charity Campaigns Manager (1983 - 1992)
Written answer Intellectual Property 14 June 2007
- In the 2006 pre-Budget report, the Government made clear that it intends to take forward all of the recommendations of the Gowers Review for which it is responsible. Significant progress has been achieved since then, and the Government is working to implement the majority of the recommendations by the end of 2008.
- John Healey MP's website
- John Healey MP Labour Party
- John Healey MP wikipedia
- John Healey MP BBC
- Voting Record
- 2005-11-08 - The Register - Dot-coms' VAT-swerve hurts small biz
- Author: John Oates
- Summary: John Healey, finance secretary at the Treasury, told a select committee in February that the loophole was already costing the country £80m a year and this was expected to rise to £200m in two years. CDs, DVDs and contact lenses are among the most popular items sold.
- 2003-12-1 - The Register - Customs swoop on £25m chips-to-gold VAT gang
- Summary: John Healey MP, Economic Secretary to the Treasury, who chaired the meeting, has this to say on the subject. "VAT missing trader fraud is not a victimless crime. It costs around £2.5 billion a year, lines the pockets of criminals and robs the honest taxpayer. Customs continues to demonstrate that its law enforcement capability can be a match for the serious gangsters who are now engaged in serious fiscal crime."
- 2003-02-28 - ePolitix.com - MP backs cyber-surgery experiment
- Summary: A Labour MP is set to boost online democracy by holding a surgery for constituents on the internet. John Healey's Wentworth constituents are being invited to take part in a trial that will test how the internet can improve contact between MPs and the public.