Internet disconnection refers to the ordering of suspension of services for ISP subscribers - i.e. users are blocked from access to the internet at home.
It is one of the "technical measures" provided for in the Digital Economy Act, although these have not yet been enacted.
- (3) A “technical measure” is a measure that—
- (a) limits the speed or other capacity of the service provided to a subscriber;
- (b) prevents a subscriber from using the service to gain access to particular material, or limits such use;
- (c) suspends the service provided to a subscriber; or
- (d) limits the service provided to a subscriber in another way.
- Right to Internet access - Wikipedia
- Internet ban on convicted sex offender 'unreasonable', rule judges, The Guardian, 2012-11-13