Frank Dobson was Labour MP for Holborn & St Pancras before standing down at the 2015 general election. He was succeeded by Keir Starmer.
Contacted by at least three ORG supporters.
Phone: 020-7219 4452 (House of Commons)
Fax: 020-7219 6956
Record of Contact
- 2009/02/04 Visit to surgery by Jonathan Hartley. Frank gave us 10 or 15 minutes, but was unreceptive to my arguments. In response to disconnection is an inappropriate response, he replied that it would hardly ever come to that. In response to innocent filesharing being impossible to distinguish from illegal downloading, he said the appeals process would be available to innocents, and suggested people could "keep their CDs in a plastic bag" to demonstrate their innocence by proving what music they had previously bought. Full write-up of the visit here.
- 2009/02/05 Visit to surgery by Jim Killock, got a similar response as Jonathan.
- 1st Fri of the month at Camden Town Hall, Judd Street, WC1 at 19.00;
- 1st Sat of the month at the Crowndale Centre, 219 Eversholt Street, London, NW1 1BD at 11.00.
Surgeries not held on Bank Holiday weekends. There are Special Advice Sessions on a rolling basis in different wards of the constituency, aimed at constituents in those wards. These will be publicised in those wards, or people can phone the House of Commons for details.
Signed Early Day Motion 845 Freedom of Information 06 Febuary 2007
- That this House expresses concern that the proposed new fees regulations under the Freedom of Information Act would allow authorities to refuse on cost grounds a high proportion of requests which they are currently required to answer; notes that the Government's consultation document recognises that this will have a greater impact on journalists, hon. Members, campaign groups and researchers than on private individuals; considers that such changes would undermine the Act's contribution to increased discussion of public affairs, accountability and trust in the work of public authorities; and calls on the Government not to proceed with the proposals.