Daniel Kawczynski MP (Conservative) MP for Shrewsbury & Atcham.
Trials of OPT2VOTE Internet Voting and Telephone Voting occurred in his constituency in 2007.
Written Question Internet: Advertising 23 June 2008
- To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department
- (1) if she will review the guidance note her Department has issued on the compatibility of targeted online advertising with existing legislation, with particular reference to the online marketing tool, Phorm;
- (2) what reports she has received on the compatibility of the internet marketing tool Phorm with existing legislation; and if she will make a statement;
- (3) what investigations have been carried out by (a) her Department and (b) police forces into the use of the internet marketing tool Phorm.
Signed Early Day Motion 845 Freedom of Information 06 Febuary 2007
- That this House expresses concern that the proposed new fees regulations under the Freedom of Information Act would allow authorities to refuse on cost grounds a high proportion of requests which they are currently required to answer; notes that the Government's consultation document recognises that this will have a greater impact on journalists, hon. Members, campaign groups and researchers than on private individuals; considers that such changes would undermine the Act's contribution to increased discussion of public affairs, accountability and trust in the work of public authorities; and calls on the Government not to proceed with the proposals.
Signed Early Day Motion 179 Software in Schools 21 November 2006
- That this House congratulates the Open University and other schools, colleges and universities for utilising free and open source software to deliver cost-effective educational benefit not just for their own institutions but also the wider community; and expresses concern that Becta and the Department for Education and Skills, through the use of outdated purchasing frameworks, are effectively denying schools the option of benefiting from both free and open source software and the value and experience small and medium ICT companies could bring to the schools market.
- 2007-03-07 - BBC - MP's fraud complaint investigated
- Summary: Police are investigating a complaint from a Shropshire MP about Labour members allegedly "manipulating postal votes" at his local sorting office.
- 2007-02-27 - Shropshire Star - MP tells of ‘vote fraud’
- Author: Tom Warren and Sunita Patel
- Summary: A furious row erupted today after Shrewsbury’s MP claimed he had received "repeated" allegations that Labour councillors have been involved in electoral fraud. Daniel Kawczynski told the Commons last night there had been accusations of postal voting fraud against certain Labour councillors who worked for the Post Office in his constituency.
- 2007-02-27 - BBC - MP makes Commons vote fraud claim
- Summary: A Shropshire MP has said he has been told that Labour Party councillors who work at his local sorting office are "manipulating postal votes".