Charles Hendry MP (Conservative). He studied Business Studies at he University of Edinburgh. Shadow Minister for Energy, Science & Technology. In February 2002, he was appointed to the new position of Shadow Minister for Young People. In November 2003, he was made Deputy Chairman of the Conservative Party, and subsequently the Shadow Minister for Higher Education. Since May 2005, he has served as Shadow Minister for Energy, Science & Technology. He is Joint Vice Chairman of the All Party Internet Group. A member of EURIM
Charles Hendry has a degree in business studies. Before entering Parliament, he worked as a Public Relations and Government Relations Adviser to the international communications groups, Burson-Marsteller and Ogilvy and Mather Public Relations, specialising in industrial and environmental matters. He was also Special Adviser to the Rt Hon Tony Newton OBE MP at both the Department of Trade and Industry and the Department of Society Security; as well as Special Adviser to the Rt Hon John Moore MP, Secretary of State for Social Services.
House of Commons debates Charles Hendry MP Data Sharing 14 July 2005
- One of the Conservatives' worries about the Identity Cards Bill is the amount of information that would be held and would be generally available.
Open Source Software
Signed Early Day Motion 179 Software in Schools 21 November 2006
- That this House congratulates the Open University and other schools, colleges and universities for utilising free and open source software to deliver cost-effective educational benefit not just for their own institutions but also the wider community; and expresses concern that Becta and the Department for Education and Skills, through the use of outdated purchasing frameworks, are effectively denying schools the option of benefiting from both free and open source software and the value and experience small and medium ICT companies could bring to the schools market.
- Charles Hendry's website
- Charles Hendry MP Conservative Party
- Charles Hendry MP TheyWorkForYou.com
- Voting Record
- Charles Hendry MP All Party Internet Group