- 1x Raspberry Pi 3B+ - Model B Plus
- The Pi 3 Model B (Non-Plus) also works fine, but there is no sense buying that model brand new now that the Plus model exists.
- 1x Power supply
- 1x Case
- 1x MicroSD card (8GB or higher)
- Pi Hut sell MicroSD cards which are preloaded with operating systems which are often cheaper than paying for postage to order blank ones from somewhere like Amazon. This is fine, as our process of installing the Blocked probe software will simply just erase whatever card it's given.
- 1x Short ethernet cable
- 50cm is probably good if possible, to avoid people cluttering the area around their routers too much. Any length cable will work though if people want to use their own or request a specific length.
Note that Pi Hut do have special pricing for large/bulk orders which is worth checking out: https://thepihut.com/pages/faqs
Micro SD Card Image
Download the Pi image from: https://www.blocked.org.uk/img/org-pi-4g.zip and unzip it.
Use Etcher for macOS to select the SD card and write the freshly unzipped
.img file to the card. This method is recommended as it also verifies that the image has been correctly written to the SD card once finished.
Linux users could use
dd to achieve the same effect.
- Place Micro SD card into pi
- Assemble case
- Apply sticker
Power up to test. It will show up as an unknown/unassigned probe in Nagios.