ATVOD (The Authority for Television-On-Demand), along with Ofcom, regulated video-on-demand services in the UK between 2010 and 2015. Sole responsibility reverted back Ofcom from the start of 2016.
Unregulated video-on-demand services
It has been suggested that payment provider blocking may be a possible strategy for cutting off access to (principally pornographic) video-on-demand services outside of the UK that are not regulated by Ofcom/ATVOD.
- wikipedia: ATVOD
- http://www.atvod.co.uk (now defunct)
- The Audiovisual Media Services Regulations 2009
- The Audiovisual Media Services Regulations 2010
- Future regulation of on-demand programme services, 2015-12-18, Ofcom
- UK regulator seeks to block card payments to PornHub, 2013-06-18, Wired