The Serious Crime Act 2015 was announced as a bill in the Queen's speech in May 2014, and received Royal Assent in March 2015.
The bill proposed a number of things including:
- A "Cinderella Clause which would outlaw causing emotional distress to children.
- Regulating corrupt accountants and business' who assistance criminal gangs
- Regulate drug cutting agents
- Deal with cases relating too female genital mutilation, pedophilia and amend the wikipedia: Terrorism Act 2006
- It would amend the Computer Misuse Act 1990 to mean that sentences for attacks on computer systems reflect the damages caused. (See Attacks Against Information Systems Directive)
- Section 83 of the act amends RIPA that its codes of practice "shall include provision designed to protect the public interest in the confidentiality of journalistic sources".